It's safe to say many people fell away from healthy eating during the pandemic. Stress, remote working, irregular meal times, and many other factors may have played a part.
Some of us have tried various fad diets and trendy cleanses to quickly lose the extra weight. However, there is no quick fix to long-term health. Let’s remember, small things done consistently add up to big results in the long run!
The recipe to long-term health and wellness is good nutrition. It can help:
- reduce the risk of some diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, osteoporosis, and some cancers
- reduce high blood pressure
- delay the effects of aging
- lower high cholesterol
- improve your well-being
- improve your immune system and the ability to fight off illnesses
- improve your ability to recover from illness and/or injury
- improve your mood
- improve the quality of your sleep
- increase your energy level
- increase your focus
Good nutrition means your body receives all the essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals from the major food sources. With dedication, planning, and nutrient-dense foods, you can have the healthiest year yet in 2021!
Essential Nutrients in the Five Food Groups
For more information about essential foods and good nutrition, check out the following posts:
- Why Eating All Five Food Groups Is Essential to Your Health
- Fruit and Vegetable Safety
- The Importance of Good Nutrition
- 10 Reasons Doctors Talk About The Need For Good Nutrition & Diets